Wednesday 27 May 2015

Upcycling project

My spare room needed a bit of tlc, so I decided to upcycle a lamp and a small set of drawers.
The drawers were originally beech and from ikea, I've used matt white spray paint from Wilkinsons and gave it two coats, leaving a day inbetween coats.
In the groove of the drawers I cut some scrapbook paper to size and distressed with faded jeans distress ink then used UHU glue to adhere.

The lamp started off with a yellow check shade (yuck) so I also used some spray paint on that & finished with some flowers and butterflies that I punched out.

I don't have a before photo but I'm really pleased with how they turned out and they're definitely an improvement to what they were.


Again not the best photo, but think I'm improving, well I hope{lol}.


Maria  x

No comments: