Friday 18 August 2017

Motorbike card

Afternoon everyone, I've got a quick card to share which has probably been the most frustrating thing I've ever made, I struggle so much with mens cards.




This card is for my Brother who recently treated himself to a motorbike (mid-life crisis me thinks, hope he doesn't see this, lol).

I started by searching for some free motorbike emblems and took them into my graphics programme to create a backing paper (feel free to download a copy if you wish).



I trimmed the sheet and used tumbled glass distress ink around the edges and matted it onto some blue card and then used foam tape to layer it onto a 8" x 8" white card blank.  I also downloaded some maps from https://freevintagedigistamps.blogspot.co.uk nd cut a strip of a map and layered it behind some of the blue card which I had die cut using Sue Wilson Stitched Lattice Frames.  I also used the map behind my die-cut motorbike, which I purchased from Aliexpress.

For the tags I die cut some small rectangles and cut the tag ends by hand, then stamped the greetings in vintage sepia versafine ink, using some free stamps from a magazine.


And inside matt & layered with the same paper & card.


Let's hope he likes it, thanks for looking and any comments you may leave.


Maria


x



6 comments:

Janette said...

Hi Maria, Oh this is perfect for any man, they can be hard to design for at times,I found alot of my labels on pinterest, I tend to get lost there alot...sure your brother will love it...xx

Emma Goddard said...

Fantastic card hun, it's brilliant xx

Anonymous said...

A fabulous card, love the motorbike and the background!

Nicola ♥

Margarets designer cards said...

Fabulous card for a man with a motor bike, love your design

Unknown said...

Hi Maria,
I love how the detail of your card continues inside the card.
Vicky

Unknown said...

Hi Maria,
I love how you have continued the design inside the card.
Vicky