Saturday 22 July 2017

Musical Fairy Card

I have two beautiful Nieces who are also my Goddaughters and they both look forward to their cards off 'Aunty Maria', I think because I try and make the cards personal to them (their names, interests, etc).

My Niece Fabia, who this card is for, has recently passed her piano exams, so I wanted to combine something musical while still keeping it 'girly'.



I started with a 8" x 8" scalloped card blank and I've used tumbled glass and spun sugar distress inks to create my layers, which I have matted onto pink metallic card.  I found the fairy amongst my stash but can't remember where I got the stamp set (if anyone knows please let me know), I stamped her with memento ink in tuxedo black and coloured her with pro-markers.  I then sprayed the entire sheet with pearl lustre spray & sparkle from Crafters Companion and when dry I added some droplets using Dovecraft 3D pearl effects in clear.

I used the Sue Wilson Australian Collection background die to cut the fairy before matting onto the pink card.



The balloon die is unbranded and purchased from Aliexpress, I cut the balloons out with acetate and coloured them with pro-markers, the music notes are also from Aliexpress and they were coloured with tumbled glass and spun sugar distress inks.



For the inside of the card I've used the same distress inks to colour everything and added a piano dimensional die, also from Aliexpress



Hope she likes it, Thanks so much for looking and any comments you may leave.



Maria

x




1 comment:

Craftychris said...

I am sure she will love it, it's a beautiful card! Gorgeous colours, fab design and personalised too - just perfect! xxx