Tuesday 12 September 2017

Horse Racing

Afternoon, I've got a quick card to share today, It's my Uncles 70th Birthday on Friday and he loves horse racing.  I find mens cards so hard to make, so didn't have a clue where to start, so I just googled some horse racing images.


The card is 8" x 8" and I've used a combination of white & gold card.  The largest white layer is embossed using a Darice a4 polka dot embossing folder, for the next white layer I've used Sue Wilson Shadow Box Collection - Stitched Lattice Frames, the lattice is approx. 5" x 3 3/4" but is really easy to extend, which I have done for this.  When I had my lattice all cut I used spray adhesive to layer it onto some white card and used a circle die to cut the centre out, creating a frame for my picture.

The betting slips and horse trophy were all free images I found via google and took into my craft artist programme to resize, I also added my uncles name and age to the front of the trophy.

The sentiment was stamped with some free stamps from papercraft inspiration magazine, I then cut it with a stitched banner die and layered it onto the gold card.


And the inside, again using Craft Artist to create my sentiment.  Very quick card.

Many thanks for looking today and any comments you may leave.


Maria


x


2 comments:

Janette said...

Mens cards are the worse, I mean no pink, no frills or bows, no fru-fru at all, makes you wonder...haha....you did a fabulous job for your Uncle and I hoped he was impressed Maria...xx

Emma Goddard said...

Fantastic card hun, brilliant design xx