Monday 4 September 2017

Pink Santa

Afternoon everyone, it is yet another rainy day here, so I'm making Christmas cards again.  I've recently joined a lovely Facebook group https://www.facebook.com/groups/1834318580126213/?ref=group_header, called make one Christmas card every week throughout 2017 challenge.  There are lots of competitions, themes, etc, and everyone in the group is so positive.

So this is a card I made for last weeks theme Santa/Father Christmas.


Think I went a bit OTT with this one, lol.  All the papers I've used were downloaded from Pinterest, I've then re-coloured (don't know if that is even a word) them and re-sized.  I've distressed all the edges using a scissors and then added glitter flakes.

The largest snowflake was cut on my Silhouette Cameo and the others were from Aliexpress.  I cut them all in white card and used spray adhesive to add some iridescent glitter.



I made my poinsettias using my own template with white foamiran and coloured them lightly with a blue oil pastel (colour doesn't show at all in pic).  I have used Sue Wilson Pine Cone and Greenery die set behind the poinsettias and finished off with some little pine cones I bought in Hobbycraft (modelling section) I think they were around £3, and I've coloured them with some tippex.  I added a pink organza bow, which I have 'shabbied' by heating with my heat gun.

The stamped sentiment is a wooden Penny Black stamp I've had in my stash for years.


Thanks so much for looking today and any comments you may leave.


Maria


x



3 comments:

Emma Goddard said...

This is stunning Maria, such a beautiful card xx

Janette said...

Not ott at all Marie, it looks so festive and sparkle and yummy, love it...
Still raining here today, dull and miserable...xx

Inkypinkydelights said...

This is beautiful Maria! And oh no you certainly have not gone too over the top. I love it! Thank you too for your lovely comment on my Blog. I do appreciate it. Judy x