Friday 29 September 2017

Pink Shoes?

Afternoon, I haven't been around for a while because I'm now back in work (night shift, argggh), after a long absence due to lung problems.  This is a card I made a few weeks ago for my Daughters birthday in November, however, I'm not sure whether or not to make her another one, as I feel this looks a bit 'wedding like', thought I'd share it and get some of your opinions.
I didn't have a true baby pink card, so I used a pink alcohol marker to colour everything, I just coloured about an inch of the first layer, my second layer was plain white card which I sprayed with Crafters Companion stick and stay, then covered in glitter.
To make my heart frame I used this heart border die from Aliexpress.
I cut it to the required size, then glued a thin strip of card along the bottom of each of my die cuts.
I then glued at each corner to make a square.  I cut an extra piece so that I would have some spare hearts.

And I have glued a heart in each of the corners, then topped with a pearl to disguise any bits of card.  I then used the same pink marker to colour the hearts and also the shoes and Sue Wilson Striped Nasturtiums die (the flowers).  Then added more pink and white pearls, a ribbon and printed out a sentiment on my laptop, which I then cut with a little tag die.
Inside, I've just added some paper I found in my stash and used a sentiment stamp set which I purchased from Aliexpress.

Thanks for looking and any comments you may leave.

Maria

xx






4 comments:

Emma Goddard said...

Wow, stunning card Maria, beautiful xx

Janette said...

Glad to see you back Marie, I really love this card it's so pretty and feminine, but you know your daughters tastes far better, go with your gut....but I bet she would love anything you made her...
Take care....xx

Jean said...

another stunning card x

Margarets designer cards said...

Beautiful card, I love your heart die, makes a gorgeous frame