Saturday 9 September 2017

LOTV Carol Singers

Afternoon everyone, I had totally forgotten I had this cute stamp until I saw the week 36 theme for a fb challenge group was carol singers, so I went on the hunt (need to organise my stamps).  I was doubly happy when I found this stamp because I was so appalled at the state of my craft room, I not only managed to stamp and colour my image, but also give the craft hovel a good clean.


To make my card base I have used three edger dies, the Anja border die from Marianne Designs was given to me by a friend, and made the main base card, the ornate semi circle die and the slimmer die on either side of the image is either a Sue Wilson or Spellbinder die (had it quite a while).

I've inked through the Anja border die using antique linen distress ink (for some reason the colour looks really bright in the pic, but in reality is quite pale).  I stamped the image with memento ink and coloured with promarkers and also used a white gel pen to add snow to the image.



I die cut the fir trees in white card, then used some pva glue and nuvo glitter for snowy accents.


For the 'Merry & Bright' I used Heirloom Ornament stamp set by Creative Expressions and stamped it with fired brick distress ink, and hand cut into a banner and added a die cut snowflake.



I made the bow out of some white raffia I picked up from Hobbycraft (think it was about £2), the holly was cut with a woodware punch and I've used a script stamp on them again using antique linen distress ink.  The little bells were from Aliexpress and berries were in my stash, I've also used Sue Wilson Pine Cone & Greenery die set.



Inside I've die cut the lamppost and coloured with promarkers, then used a wooden Penny Black stamp (I've had for years and it comes out every year) for the sentiment and stamped it with fired brick distress ink.



Thank you so much for taking the time to look today and for any comments you may leave .


Maria


x









5 comments:

Janette said...

How pretty is this,another of your gorgeous designs Marie, I love it...x

Craftychris said...

Beautifully ornate card and such a gorgeous image too! xxx

Margarets designer cards said...

Gorgeous card, I love the image and it's a beautiful Christmas card

Wendy L said...

So pretty and delicate, xxx

Emma Goddard said...

This is stunning Marie, love LOTV, it's adorable hun xx